Saturday, March 3, 2012

Green Lantern



Green Lantern
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: Martin Campbell (IMDB)

I was told last night that I give too many 5 star ratings. I'm too easy. I'm a slut. Sorry to anyone I've offended by giving 5 stars to a movie you hated. I just feel like if you really enjoy a movie, it makes you extremely happy, and it serves it's genre to the best of it's ability... you hook it up with the 5 stars. Sure, I may not consider something like Back to the Future and Wild Strawberries to be on the same level, but I love them both and they're both 5 stars to me. Obviously one is much more serious, deep, meaningful, and heartfelt... and the other is Wild Strawberries. Why, you ask, are you talking about all this shit in your Green Lantern Review... because it's a five star movie.... I'm kidding, it's a piece of shit.

Ryan Reynolds is selected to join a corps of intergalactic peace keepers when he's bestowed a mysterious green ring. That's good enough.

Man... I hated this film. Ryan Reynolds is about the only good thing in it, and even his performance isn't all that amazing. The rest is crap. Almost everything is CG, and it gets old real quick. There's a scene where Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively are talking on a balcony and it seriously reminded me of THIS. The story is weak, and the film out stays it's welcome. God awful.

3 comments: