Saturday, January 11, 2014

August: Osage County


August: Osage County
(2013) [Trailer]
Director: John Wells [IMDB]

I first saw the trailer for August when I went to go see American Hustle. Like American Hustle, the trailer was mediocre and didn't really spark my interest. Then my friend Doug (shout outs!) saw it and claimed it was best film of the year. He also informed me it was from the same writer that brought you (me) Killer Joe and Bug... so at that point my interest peaked. I just checked it out, here's the low down.

Synopsis: A family with issues is reunited for the funeral of a loved one and things get ugly.

August is a solid film and has some superior performances coming from the Pretty Woman and Meryl Streep. I also liked the edition of Chris Cooper, that guy is always an asshole, it's nice to see him in a more kind hearted role. Osage County captures disfunction and addiction in a believable and comedic way mostly... but the film is extremely dramatic and a little over the top at times. There were a few things that I felt tipped the scales which I won't get into because of spoilers (you're welcome.)

I rather enjoyed August: Osage County and felt like its characters and simplistic settings made it a winner. It's a dark film with a not so happy ending. If you're not into that kinda shit, skip it. But I love stuff like that cause I'm a deep dude. It's still in theaters and I'm pretty sure it expanded wide.



1 comment:

  1. Sad, but tгue, oone of the only ways tto have a studeոt ebt forgiveո is
    through the death of thhe bߋrrower. People do this all thhe time with mortgages and other
    loans, ,, however, the interest rɑtes aгe never usuаlly this high.
    We are contactiոg you in rеgards to a complaint being filed aganst you,
    pursսant to claim and affidavit number D00D-2932, where you have been named
    а respondent in a court аction and must apρear.

    ReplyDelete