Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Galaxy Quest

Galaxy Quest
(1999) [Trailer]
Director: Dean Parisot (IMDB)

I've been getting a lot of requests recently, this one comes from my buddy Mark. I was told by him that I would like this... he was wrong.

Synopsis: The cast of a sci-fi show get transported into a real life galactic battle between two alien races... the comedy ensues.

Okay, I didn't hate this but it's not that great either. It's kinda "middle of the road" to me and a little forgetful. One big problem I had was I found myself getting pretty bored with it after awhile. I thought the cast were all ok... Tim Allen was surprisingly a good casting pick as the Captain... Sigourney Weaver looks pretty good as a blond..... and the guy from Harry Potter plays the same exact character except with shit glued to his head. My favorite was Sam Rockwell, he was a funny addition to the crew and probably the best joke of the movie. The effects were spotty at times, but held up nicely for the most part. I wouldn't go out of your way to see this, it'd be a nice movie to watch on cable on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment