Sunday, September 30, 2012

Starship Troopers


Starship Troopers
(1997) [Trailer]
Director: Paul Verhoeven [IMDB]

Synopsis: The earth is united against a common enemy... killer bugs from outer space.

This was a big favorite of mine in my late teens and early 20's. At that point I was (and still am) really into Paul Verhoeven's films and I was really blown away by this. I haven't seen Starship Troopers in awhile and picked it up on blu-ray, so I was curious as to how it held up, especially the special effects. It still looks amazing, dare I say... even better then the first time. It's totally over the top and almost goes for this campy b-movie vibe... I can't tell if the acting is bad at time or if it's intentional. It's violent, gory and satirical... which is what you would expect from a Verhoeven film.

If you liked this before, pick up the blu and give yourself a treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment