Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dark Skies


Dark Skies
(2013) [Trailer]
Director: Scott Stewart [IMDB]

I loved Paranormal Activity and thought Insidious was pretty solid, so when I heard the team responsable for those titles was releasing an alien abduction film, I was on board. I mean, who doesn't fear getting probed by ET?

Synopsis: A family is visited by beings from another world and guess what... they're not here to make friends and discuss the latest episode of Game of Thrones.

It probably wasn't the best idea to watch this movie alone in the dark late last night before bed. I almost had to get up to turn the lights on I was so creeped out. Dark Skies is very effective in ramping up the scary moments and doesn't over do it, yet steadily builds on the tension instead. They opted to use the typical alien that everyone thinks of, but the way they used them within the film seemed eerie and off putting, so it didn't bother me as much.

What did bother me were some of the plot holes and choices characters made. There were definitely some believability issues at hand, but hey, it's a horror film... what are you gonna do?

I did enjoy the ending and thought it was a little different from most films in its genre... I obviously won't spoil it for you but it's not happy.

Dark Skies is a fun arm hair raiser that's not a waste in my opinion. I'd absolutely recommend it to fans of horror.



No comments:

Post a Comment