Friday, May 24, 2013

Heat


Heat
(1995) [Trailer]
Director: Michael Mann [IMDB]

I picked up Heat on blu-ray because I remember really liking it the  first time I saw it. From what I recalled, it was a great crime drama and full of action... then I watched it last night and realized I'd actually never seen Heat. I guess somewhere along the lines I talked myself into believing I had... who knows, people are weird.

Synopsis: A crew of robbers are on the defensive after the cops start tracking them on their next job.

I enjoy Michael Mann's direction in most films I've seen of his and Heat is no exception... it's beautifully shot and has a fantastic score. The cast are all pretty strong, but I felt like Al Pacino went a little overboard sometimes. The story is very standard for a crime flick so it was Mann's job to move it along in a unique way. He was successful overall but I did feel like it started to drag towards the last 40 mins.

If you're into crimes movies or police procedurals, check this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment