Sunday, March 11, 2012

Step Brothers



Step Brothers
(2008) [Trailer]
Director: Adam McKay (IMDB)

It's been awhile since I've seen this flick. I loved it the first time and have been meaning to pick it up and give it another go around. Yesterday, at my secret blu-ray spot, I got a pretty sweet deal for it  and figured now is as good as a time as any. Bet you'd like to know where that spot is... yeah.... no.

Will Ferrell and John C Reilly are 40 year old man-childs living at home. Will with his mom, John C with his dad. Their parents meet, fall in love, and get married. The two are forced to live together and soon find themselves at each others throats.

This movie is awesome and Will Ferrell's best movie... okay, it may be tied with Anchorman. It's pretty ridiculous and over the top, but in a good way. The comedic chemistry between John C and Will is solid and I love the sense you get of how much a lot of it is just improvised. I also would recommend you check it out with the commentary on, it's just Will and John singing the whole time, and it's pretty funny. There's a couple of parts where it drags a little but overall I always find myself laughing out loud for the most part. If you like funny, watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment