Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tremors



Tremors
(1990) [Trailer]
Director: Ron Underwood (IMDB)

I used to watch the shit out of this movie back in the day. Now as an old worthless man, slowly dying, I look back and think of how it used to make me feel. Those warm summer days, lazily sitting on my parents shag carpet, the cool A.C. blasting and a cold coca-cola in hand... with Tremors on in the background, life was good.  Now that the harsh reality of this cruel world is crushing on my soul, I find my only retreat is to revisit the days of old, both in my mind and on the big screen. Life is fucked.

Tremors centers around a small desert town in California. It's inhabitants soon realize that they have some unexpected visitors. Shit gets real.

This movie still holds up very nicely. It looks fantastic on blu-ray and all the practical effects have stood the test of time. It's a real fun horror flick, that dances around gore and comedy nicely. I love Kevin Bacon in it, also Reba and the dad from Family Ties are really great characters too. I wouldn't say it's a perfect movie but it's a real solid ride and I'd recommend you check it out.

1 comment:

  1. This is more a review of your life as an old broken down man. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete