Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol


Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: Brad Bird (IMDB)

I was lucky enough to win a copy of this film from a contest held over at one of my favorite websites/podcast ever... FilmJunk.com.
I never had a chance to check MI4 out last year and have been looking forward to seeing the Cruiser in action.

Synopsis: Secret Agent Ethan Hunt is back on assignment after his organization is framed in the bombing of the Kremlin and he has to clear their name.

Memory is a bitch and as I get older I feel myself losing it more and more. Movies have to be real interesting to leave an impact on me nowadays and MI4 missed the mark in a lot of ways.

Tom and Co. were all solid and got the job done. The action was well paced, and set pieces and film locations were all interesting. Obviously the scenes with Cruise climbing on the side of the Burj Khalifa are incredible.

But after viewing this a can say... not a lot of it stuck with me and I also found it a bit long. When the dust storm settles in Dubai I thought the film was gonna wrap up but then it continued on too.... see this is what I mean, I'm sitting here writing this review and I can't even remember what happened after Dubai, I actually had to go to IMDB and look it up for a refresher.



2 comments:

  1. lol...I almost bought this on PayPerView last weekend, because I forgot that I already saw it. Like three months ago. I have no recollection of what happened. Very weird.

    ReplyDelete