Friday, June 29, 2012

Haywire


Haywire
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Steven Soderbergh (IMDB)

My next review on EVFS will be for Steven Soderbergh's new film Magic Mike... Channing Tatum stripping...yummy. In preparation I decided to check out Haywire, his last film, released earlier this year. I love Soderbergh and have been looking forward to checking this out since I missed it in January.

Synopsis: A secret agent seeks vengeance after she is set up to be killed on a job.

I've yet to see a Soderbergh film I didn't like and Haywire continues that streak. I had heard that Gina Carano was the weak link to this film and a shit actress. I would disagree, she's definitely not bad and got the job done. The fight scenes were well executed and seemed very realistic. Gone are the overly loud sound effects and the quick cuts, instead Soderbergh chooses longer takes and normal sounds you'd actually hear when someone gets punched in the face. I should know, I punch lots of people in the face.

The movie's only real flaws for me were the pacing and this weird dark shadowy effect in the corners of the frame use though out the movie. 

Check out my bro bros review as well: Steve's Haywire Review.




No comments:

Post a Comment