Thursday, August 30, 2012

12 Monkeys


12 Monkeys
1995 [Trailer]
Director: Terry Gillam (IMDB)


Synopsis: Bruce Willis travels to the past to try and unlock the mystery behind a plague that almost wiped out the entire human race.

This was one of my favorite movies back in high school... but that doesn't mean much because I was a retard back then. I'm kidding, I was fucking awesome and liked radical movies. Anyways, I had not seen 12 Monkeys since the 90's and I figure it was about time to revisit it, so I picked up the blu on the cheap from the old trusty amazon.com.

This is my favorite Gillam film and it really showcases what the director is all about. Huge visuals with a strange tone that rides the line between acid trips and nightmares. I would recommend you check out the behind the scenes documentary that's in the extras, it'll provide amazing insite to the whole film and give you a better understanding of the kind of perfectionist Gillam is. Bruce Willis and Madeline Stowe are both excellent, but Brad Pitt steals the show for me and would have fit nicely along side the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

This is an incredible film and it really holds up nicely, I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.





No comments:

Post a Comment