Friday, September 28, 2012

Unstoppable


Unstoppable
(2010) [Trailer]
Director: Tony Scott [IMDB]

Chris Pine is the new Captain aboard the star ship Enterprise. I love Star Trek and awhile back I reviewed The Captains, which is a documentary about the various captains of Star Trek... including Chris Pine. I started to notice over the next few weeks after reviewing it that the post gained a tons of hits... mainly because of one key phrase people typed into google that led them to my site. That phrase is "Chris Pine nude". My review included a joke picture of Chris Pine half naked... Click here. I am only including this info because I want this review to also get a lot of "hits" and also to show you that it's a sick world out there.

On to business.

Synopsis: A big ass train gets loose and head towards a city and Chris Pine and Denzel team up to save the day.

Tony Scott sadly took his own life back in August and like many, I was very bummed to hear the news. I will be the first to admit, I don't dig all his films, but I love many of them and I truly respect the man and his work. This is the last film he made and I ended up finding it for cheap on blu-ray so I scooped it up. It's a lot better than I thought it'd be. It's pretty predictable but I think Scott does a bang up job keeping the suspense high enough that you don't lose interest. The cinematography is fantastic and helps add to the excited tone that this movie carries throughout. I also enjoyed Denzel and Pine together, their chemistry seemed genuine.

All aboard for Unstoppable... God that was corny.




1 comment:

  1. Its interesting to appreciate the differences in our reviewing style. I also really enjoyed this movie. Were I to do a review on it, I would almost certainly ramble on about my love for Denzel movies. You talk up Chris Pine until the very end with a minor nod to Denzel :D

    ReplyDelete