Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hugo


Hugo
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: Martin Scorsese (IMDB)

After my initial viewing of Hugo last year it secured a seat at number 5 in my top ten of 2011. I will tell you now, I love (sorry Justin) this film and after my second viewing, that outlook has only been solidified. Hugo's like a fine Bordeaux or fine ass honey! However you wanna look at it.

Hugo is as orphan living in the Montparnasse Rail Station in Paris. He stays behind the walls and keeps the clocks of the station in working order. He's a secretive little bastard and gets into a bit of trouble. I don't wanna spoil too much, so I'll leave it at that.

This film is visually perfect in my opinion. The cinematography is stunning and there are shots in this that I can't even begin to wrap my head around. I read that the opening long tracking shot into the station took a year to shoot and was put together with over 1000 computers... craziness. The special effects, set pieces, costumes, and score are all fantastic as well. I have heard a lot of people say this movie showcases Martin Scorsese's love of cinema, and I would say that would be accurate, but it also does a great job telling an interesting mystery while serving tribute. Sorry... I can't think of anything I don't like about this movie.

It just came out on blu-ray and honestly, that's the only way I would recommend watching this. Peep the trailer HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment