Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Beauty and the Beast



Beauty and the Beast
(1991) [Trailer]
Directors: Gary Trousdale (IMDB), Kirk Wise (IMDB)

My wife just ordered this on blu-ray and obviously I had to sit down and watch it with her... pay back for Commando. I've seen this movie before and honestly I didn't mind rewatching it, I love Disney films, especially on blu-ray... crisp.

A rich and handsome prince is cursed because he didn't want to give hand outs to a poor witch.... take that 1%. The only way to remove the curse is to fall in love by the time he turns 21. The task at hand will be a feat because he's ugly and would have to get a girl drunk in order to achieve this, which will be difficult because he's not yet at the legal drinking age. Catch 22.

As with all Disney films, the animation is awesome, and still holds up nicely. The story is pretty straight forward and predictable, but still fun for a fairytale. It would be easy to pick this apart but I honestly didn't mind it. This title wouldn't rank high on my list of Disney favorites, but I don't hate it... Nothin' but love fo ya Beauty and the Beast!

No comments:

Post a Comment