Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Commando





Commando
(1985) [Trailer]
Director: Mark L. Lester (IMDB)

It's Valentine's Day and the air is thick with love and romance. Couples everywhere are sitting by candle light and whispering sweet nothings to one another. I'm sitting here watching Commando with my wife. You can take all that commercial bullshit and shove it, real love is watching Arnold use a machine gun to plow down bad guys with your soul mate.

Matrix (aka Arnold) is a ex commando living out his days peacefully with his daughter Alyssa Milano. This group of bad guys from Val Verde steal Alyssa away from Arnold to force him to take an assassin job to kill the president of Val Verde. Arnold escapes and with the help of Rae Dawn Chong, enacts vengeance on the captures.

This is one of my favorite action movies ever made, starring my favorite action star of all time, so obviously this is gonna be a love fest. Let me start by saying, I realize this isn't a perfect movie, but I don't care... it's perfect to me. There's so many amazing quote from this movie, and they're like a fine wine, they just get better with age. The action is so over the top, it's pretty fucking ridiculous, and I love it. I can watch this movie at any time and be in hog heaven. I love the montage of him loading up his arsenal for war, the close up shots are the best ever. Marry that with an amazing score and you have the perfect action movie. Seriously, if you haven't seen this movie yet, you're an idiot.... go... now...see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment