Monday, February 13, 2012

The Stuff





The Stuff
(1985) [Trailer]
Director: Larry Cohen (IMDB)

I decided last night, before bed, that I'd pick a random old horror movie from Netflix instant to watch. I went ahead with this selection. Why you ask? Because look at that cover art!

The Stuff is a new food sensation taking the country by storm. It looks like yogurt or mayo but it's much more addictive. Michael Moriarty is sent in from the Fed to investigate this strange new food's alluring appeal. Turns out it's a evil ooze that puts people into a weird almost zombie like psychosis.

This is definitely a campy 80's horror movie that has a lot of comedic elements and would make a good double bill with something like The Blob or Killer Clowns from Outerspace. It's a little slow to get going and there are lots of cheesy parts. Part of me felt like I had seen it before, who knows, I used to watch lots of horror movies as a kid. I did like Michael Moriarty in this, he was a little over the top but still enjoyable and his performance stood out. There's also some parts featuring Pauly and Sal. Overall it was ok I guess, I just really wanted to see more gore and more of The Stuff killing people.


No comments:

Post a Comment