Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Dark Crystal


The Dark Crystal
(1982) [Trailer]
Directors: Jim Henson (IMDB), Frank Oz (IMDB)

More childhood nostalgia right here. I've own this film on every format and after upgrading from DVD to blu-ray the other day, I thought I'd throw it in and see what the transfer looked like.

Synopsis: Gelflings are sent out on a quest to restore order and peace to their dying world. What's a Gelfling you ask? Watch the fucking movie and find out you inquisitive bastard.

To think of the amount of man-hours that went into creating this film is mind blowing. There's actually a lot of cool behind the scenes extras on the blu-ray that go into detail about it's creation. The set pieces, costume design and puppets are all unmatched compared to any other film I've ever seen. Seriously, no movie comes close to looking like, or having the same feel as this movie. It's truly unique. There's not a lot I can say that I don't like about Dark Crystal. The storyline may be a little mediocre, but then again, it's a pretty standard fairy tale. I love this movie and if you're into fantasy, it's a must see. Everything still holds up and the film looks fantastic on blu-ray, so what are you waiting for... Giddy up! 


4 comments:

  1. You have no idea how disappointed my cat Fizzgig (seriously) and I would have been if this were any less than 5 Arnolds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this on blue ray. Can't wait to watch it. Its one of my absolute faves from when I was a kid. This, Labyrinth and Legend. I feel a blue ray marathon coming on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to pick up the Legend baby blu, I did get Labyrinth however, I'll have to pop on that soon.

      Delete