Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Dangerous Method


A Dangerous Method
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: David Cronenberg (IMDB)

I've been sleeping on this movie, I planned on seeing it last year when it was in the theater, but I never got around to it. I'm a pretty huge David Cronenberg fan and I'm also a fan of all the players involved (Michael Fassbender, Kiera Knightley, and Viggo Mortensen.)

Synopsis: This film tells the real life story of the relationship between Carl Jung and Sabina Spielrein, also the strained friendship of Carl and Sigmund Freud.

I enjoyed this but didn't love it. It's very un-Cronenberg and I kind of anticipated that going in, but I was still hoping to get a little of his style in there. I think all the performances were good. I know Kiera got a lot hate on her role in this film, which I don't get. I think she may have been a bit over the top, but I think that's probably what Cronenberg wanted and what the character initially called for. There's a lot to digest with this script and story; I'm not sure how accurate things are but I'm not really versed in the matter so maybe that's why I give it a pass. Check this out if you're into psychological thrillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment