Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Fifth Element


The Fifth Element
(1997) [Trailer]
Director: Luc Besson (IMDB)

You know how all the rich famous people summer in The Hamptons, well so do the staff here at the Williams Film Review. I recently spent a week there and while I was getting some R&R The Fifth Element popped up on the tube. I was in the middle of an intense game of Scattergories so I really couldn't concentrate on it. I remember thinking "I love this movie, but I don't want to be anti-social and go sit in the corner and watch it while everyone plays Scattergories... fuck it, I just buy the blu-ray when I get back home and re-watch then." So I did and this is what I thought.

Synopsis: The destruction of the Earth balances in the hands of Mila Jovovich and Bruce Willis.

I really enjoyed watching this film again and the blu-ray transfer is something to behold. It's a fun sci-fi flick that balances action and humor nicely. It's special effects are incredible, and still really hold up. It's not a prefect film, but there's also not a lot to hate here either. I would imagine if anything people would dislike Chris Tucker or Mila Jovovich, but both were effective in my opinion and they seemed to fit their characters. I loved Gary Oldman, he never disappoints me and makes a fantastic villain with a creepy southern accent in this.

Give this a try if you're up for some sci-fi good times you little jerk.





No comments:

Post a Comment