Thursday, August 2, 2012

Carlito's Way

Carlito's Way
(1993) [Trailer]
Director: Brian De Palma (IMDB)

Sam Slater insisted I watch this movie. So much so that he brought it into the office for me to borrow... that's right... Williams Film Review has an office... we're big time. I wasn't sure if I had seen this film or not... 10 minutes in and I came to the conclusion that.... I had seen it. Does the fact that I forgot watching this mean it's shit, or does it mean I watch too many movies?

Synopsis: Carlito is an ex hood recently released from prison. Once he's on the outside he struggles with getting his life together, all while being pulled back into the game by his old connections.

Al Pacino and Sean Penn do a stand up job with their roles and the script in pretty engaging. The story is okay but nothing out of the ordinary, I'd say if anything they could have trimmed down the film a bit. I wasn't fan of the girlfriend, her hair really bothered me. I know that sounds trivial and I don't give a shit. The worst thing about Carlito's Way is the use of THIS SONG... barf. Besides that, I was a fan of Brian De Palma's direction in general. I truly enjoyed the last 45 minutes of the film when things really started to fall apart for Carlito... I like watching people fuck up.

Anyways... pop on this if you're in the mood for a decent crime flick.



No comments:

Post a Comment