Sunday, July 29, 2012

Killer Joe


Killer Joe
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: William Friedkin (IMDB)

William Friedkin (The Exorcist and To Live and Die in LA) has been in the game for a long time, he's like that aging quarterback that many think should have retired, but hasn't. I for one am glad he hasn't because we wouldn't have this review for you to read and for me to write.

Synopsis: A young man in debt hatches a plan to kill his mother and collect on the insurance, too bad the guy he hired to do the job is a psychopath.

This movie is fucked. There's no other way to put it. DO NOT bring your parents to see this movie. In fact, in it's honor I'm starting a new label titled just that "Do Not Bring Your Parents to See This Movie". I loved this film, absolutely loved it. When I left the theater I had that great feeling of being completely happy, fulfilled, and entertained. This movie is the reason I go to movies. It's submersive and kept me locked into it's crazy tale throughout the whole experience. Matthew McConaughey again, pulls out a killer (no pun intended) performance, but so did everyone else. Gina Gershon and Thomas Haden Church were really funny, Emile Hirsch plays an excellent screw up, and Juno Temple is nude a lot. Killer Joe is the classic tale of greed and how it leads to one's demise, it reminded me a lot of Fargo and Burn After Reading. It's a real fun time, but not for the faint of heart. One thing is for sure... you'll never look at a fried chicken drum stick the same again.


No comments:

Post a Comment