Friday, June 29, 2012

Magic Mike


Magic Mike
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Steven Soderbergh (IMDB)

As I noted in my last review, Magic Mike was up next in my movie viewing rotation, I'm no damn lair... so let's start this party up!

Synopsis: Channing Tatum is a stripper who befriends and brings in some new blood into his male erotic dance crew. Sounds rad right? Well it's not all fun and games man, taking your clothes off for women is hard work.

As a straight male I can not stress this point enough... you should absolutely go see this movie in a theater filled with women ASAP. It was awesome. Horny ladies (and gays) definitely make this film better and as funny as this movie is, it's even funnier with a good audience.

Steven Soderbergh's direction is solid, it's not extremely Soderberghesque, but you still get a lot of his style that seeps out, especially during the more darker parts of the film. Tatum is pretty good but the show stealer without a doubt is Matthew McConaughey. He is seriously fucking awesome in this film and I honestly can't envision any other person playing his roll as successfully.  

For any straight guy that's reluctant to go see this, don't be a pussy, watching nude dudes is fun! Plus you get to see Olivia's Munns! Bonus!


3 comments:

  1. you had at me "Olivia's Munns"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know I really had you at "Channing Tatum is a stripper."

      Delete
  2. for some reason the fact that you gave this movie a good review stuck with me. i finally watched it b/c it happened to start on hbo right as i was ready to sit down after putting miles to bed. so i now understand that it wasn't just the stripping and dancing fluff that i thought it would be. there is actually some meat to this film. no pun intended. or intended. whatever. anyway, i actually liked it even though i was cringing here and there. and matthew mcconaughey didn't bother me too much. it was all pretty hilarious.

    ReplyDelete