Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre


The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
(1974) [Trailer]
Director: Tobe Hooper (IMDB)

Synopsis: A group of teens get stranded in the countryside of Texas and stumble across a family of killers.

This is considered a horror classic and for good reason. I've seen this film a handful of times, but never on blu-ray, I can say it's never looked better. The graininess of the film is still there yet everything is very clean looking... which helps it maintain its rough aesthetic.

I never realized how awesome the cinematography was until this viewing. The interesting camera work also helps elevate the creepy ass set pieces used throughout. This is a illegitimately scary movie and I could imagine seeing it in '73, I probably would have shit myself. Still, it ages quite well and is still extremely effective, I love it and would recommend you check it out if you haven't seen it yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment