Saturday, June 30, 2012

Jeff, Who Lives at Home


Jeff, Who Lives at Home
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Jay Duplass (IMDB), Mark Duplass (IMDB)

I've only seen two other movies by the Duplass Brothers, which were both ok I guess. They are widely known for being pioneers in the mumblecore genre and are now starting to go "mainstream" or whatever. Fucking sell outs.

Synopsis: Jason Segel plays a 30 something who still lives at home. Good thing I told you that, otherwise you might not have been able to figure it out.

I find the writing of the Duplass Bros to be a bit refreshing, you could say this is a dramady, but it's feels a bit different than the average film in this category. They interject this weirdness to the story which I really enjoyed. Kinda like how Jeff is on this spiritual journey, but it never feels too serious. This wasn't very laugh out loud funny, just entertaining funny, if that makes sense.

The two things I didn't like in this film: The mom's secret admirer stuff seemed a bit pointless in the narrative, also the camera zooms way to much in this.

This just came out on blu-ray and on demand, give it a go.



No comments:

Post a Comment