Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Extract

Extract
(2009) [Trailer]
Director: Mike Judge (IMDB)

Mike Judge is a pretty cool guy and he's made some fun movies. I really enjoyed Idiocracy and I thought Office Space was hilarious. So I figured I'd be in good shape when it came to my recent viewing of Extract... boy was I wrong.

Extract centers around a factory that bottles extract for baking and cooking. Exciting right? Jason Bateman plays a sexually frustrated boss who's very unhappy with his marriage. His friend (Ben Afflick) talks him into hiring a gigolo to try and set his wife up to cheat on him. Their theory is that if she takes the bait and bangs the male whore, it'll give Bateman carte blanche to hook up with Mila Kunis, who was recently hired to work at the factory. There's a few other sub plots, but really, it's not that important.

This movie was boring. It did hold my attention and there were a few funny moments, but overall, it was pretty forgetful. The way Bateman reacts to things isn't very realistic, but I guess it's a movie so it gets a pass? Who knows. Whatever. I would take a pass on this... there's definitely better movies out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment