Monday, January 30, 2012

Hard Boiled

Hard Boiled
(1992) [Trailer]
Director: John Woo (IMDB)

A lot of fucking people die in this movie. A LOT! So many, that half way through it, I had to pause it and look up the official body count. It's 307. How's that for a good time?

Hard Boiled is about a cop named Tequila... already you should be saying to yourself "I want to see this movie." Anyways, Tequila goes off the rails when his partner is murder by some gangsters. Tequila starts to hunt down the gangsters and soon finds out one of them isn't who him seems. Hong Kong Police planted a mole in the gang and he soon teams up with Tequila to kick some major ass.

This is the third John Woo film I've seen and definitely the best. The action scenes in this movie are unreal. It's insane to watch all these guys getting blown to shit and not think they were somehow getting hurt in real life. I wonder in China if they're more laxed about safety laws, because a lot of what I saw seems extremely dangerous... and awesome. The story can get a little weak at times and there were a few moments where it seemed to drag it's tail a bit, but I guess you could compare that to how a junkie feels in between his fixes. Maybe all of that is really awesome and I'm just too high off the action to notice, or maybe not. Find out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment