Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Happening




The Happening
(2008) [Trailer]
Director: M. Night Shyamalan (IMDB)

I decided to throw this on last night when I saw it was available for free in movies on demand. I think M Night is okay and have enjoyed most of the films I've seen from him... until tonight.

The Happening is an outbreak flick starring Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel. People basically start losing their minds and killing themselves in Central Park one day. Immediately it's believed to be terrorist related and that there is some sort of airborne particle causing the madness... until it starts to spread. No one is sure what to do so they run for the country but it follows them.

God this movie is a piece of shit. It's so sloppy and unbelievable, especially the way everyone reacts to what's 'happening' (see how I threw that in there.) The acting is really awful across the board. I normally like Wahlberg, but he is brutal in this and I felt like everyone else was so dry and emotionless. The worst though, is the story. I could have crapped out this script in a few weeks. There's no real answer to what is going, just that it's nature and can't be explained. It could possibly be because man is evil, or the bees disappearing, or the trees are mad at us. Who knows, who cares. LAME.


No comments:

Post a Comment