Wednesday, February 1, 2012

50/50

50/50
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: Jonathan Levine (IMDB)

This is another movie that I really wanted to check out last year but never got around to it. I think cancer is pretty hilarious so I knew it'd be a good time. Just kidding, I hate cancer and I'm paranoid about getting it, so I did have some reservations about watching this and getting bummed out.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has the cancer and Seth Rogan is trying to be a good friend and help him through the tough times. It's pretty high concept and that's the movie in a nut shell.

I thought 50/50 was a pretty decent flick. Nothing ground breaking but I was entertained. I did find it extremely predictable and I had some believability issues with both the doctor and the therapist. It made my wife cry a lot, so it's got that going for it. I'll close with this, I believe Seth Rogan saved this movie for me, had it been any other actor, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed this as much.

1 comment:

  1. To be fair, I cry over My Fair Wedding with David Tutera as well.

    ReplyDelete