Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Ides of March

The Ides of March
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: George Clooney (IMDB)

I really wanted to check this movie out back in October but never got the opportunity too. It stars just about the best line up of actors one could ask for in a movie. You got Clooney, you got Gosling, you got Hoffman, you got Giamatti, and you got Tomei...nice! SOOO, I was happy to see it on VOD tonight, and thought, screw it...why not. Now here's my review.

This movie is about politics....I know...boring right? So I turned it off and watched 'Bring It On'...just playing with you...I finished it....then I watched 'Bring It On'. Ides is a unique look at the behind the scenes of a political campaign. It's set in Ohio and focuses on two democratic candidates competing against each other in the primaries. The basic breakdown is, politicians are slime and we're fucked.

I really enjoyed this piece of work. If 40% of this is accurate, it's pretty sad, the state of US politics that is. Even now as I sit here and watch The Colbert Report and type this up, I think "Jesus all these republican nominees in this random clip are full of crap." Maybe I'm being naive and maybe I'm not, but I'm just thinking out loud here. We're all floating up Shit's Creek without a paddle and this movie beautifully showcases that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment