Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day of the Dead

Day of the Dead
(1985) [Trailer]
Director: George A. Romero (IMDB)

This is a classic zombie flick, brought to you by the Godfather of zombie flicks, George A Romero. I recently watched Dawn of the Dead, which is my favorite zombie flick ever, and I figured I'd pick up Day of the Dead and continue on with the good Romero times.

Zombies are ruling shit across the land and a small group of scientists/soldiers are hunkered down below ground in a bunker. The scientists are slowly trying to figure out how to cure the zombies of their illness, but the soldiers are dicks and keep getting in the way of progress. Tempers start to boil and the camp falls apart, but not before becoming a value meal for the walking dead.

I liked this movie a lot and had a fun time with it. It's filled with lots of great practical effects and loads of zombies. The story line is interesting and a fresh take on the genre. Romero's choice of cinematography and score were spot on. My only real complaint is some of the acting was spotty at times but other then that I would say this is a solid film.

No comments:

Post a Comment