Monday, February 6, 2012

The Incredibles

The Incredibles
(2004) [Trailer]
Directors: Brad Bird (IMDB)

If you could be a superhero what power would you choose to have? I would want to be invisible so I could sneak into girls locker rooms and... I'm kidding, I would want to be able to absorb other superheros powers. Knowing my luck though, there would be no other superheros, and I'd just have some shitty useless power.

Mr. Incredible is a retired superhero who's working a 9 to 5 and raising a family in suburbia. The Fam are also all endowed with superpowers and trying their best to fit into society. Mr. Incredible still has an itch to get out there and fight crime. One day he's approached with an offer to get back into the limelight, but the offer isn't what it seems. He's summoned to a remote island where he finds a new nemesis named Syndrome, a mad genius who's created giant robots to take over the world and kill other superheros. Syndrome takes Mr. Incredible hostage and the rest of the family comes to his rescue.

I hadn't seen this movie in awhile and was happy to have picked it up on blu-ray, as blu-ray makes everything better. Just like with every Disney blu-ray I've seen so far, the transfer for this is incredible (pun intended) and the animation is as crisp as you can get. This is a fun movie and action packed, and it's cool to see Disney's take on the superhero genre. The scenes at the island are awesome, especially the chase through the jungle. The music is rad and has a quasi James Bond feel to it. I would recommend if you're in the mood for an animated film, go for this. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment