Monday, February 6, 2012

Primer

Primer
(2004) [Trailer]
Director: Shane Carruth (IMDB)

I wish I was smart enough to build a time machine. I'm a pretty smart guy I would say, but the guys in Primer make me feel like an idiot and guess what... they build a time machine.

These two guys, Aaron and Abe, are working with these other two guys on some project in their garage. I would try to explain what that project is, but to be honest, I have no idea. I do know it requires a lot of circuit boards, gadgets, and technical terms that are confusing. Well Aaron and Abe stumble onto something pretty significant, basically they figure out how to time travel. They proceed to make a human sized time machine and start creating doubles of themselves. As one would imagine, things get a little hairy.

This movie is confusing as shit. I mean, really fucking confusing. If you've seen this before, and were to tell me you totally understood everything in it, I would say you're a damn liar... or a genius. I feel like I should re-watch it again, and maybe it'd help solidify things for me. I did love the direction on this movie. The angles that a lot of scenes were filmed with were cool, and the score is very pleasing. I liked the acting a lot too, the two main guys are very believable. The source material, albeit confusing, seemed extremely legit. As hard as it is to follow, I would recommend it, as I like challenging films. You can get it through Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment