Sunday, March 18, 2012

Date with an Angel




Date with an Angel
(1987) [Trailer]
Director: Tom McLoughlin (IMDB)

This is the end result of letting my wife pick a movie to watch on a lazy Saturday night. I can say I wasn't too excited about the selection, but I consider myself an equal movie watching opportunist.

This guy is planning to tie the knot with Phoebe Cates. He wakes up after his bachelor party to find an Angel (played by Paris Hilton) has fallen from heaven into his swimming pool. He then falls for her and the comedy ensues.

This movie is a piece. It's main problem for me is that it's not funny. I sat through the whole thing without one chuckle. Phoebe Cates is made out to be this crazy girl, when in reality, she's really done nothing wrong. Her shitty fiance just left her for another girl. Sure she's an angel, but she's a home wrecker too. His friends are assholes, seriously... who has friends like this? [SPOILER] The ending is retarded... angels get a leave of absence? Even if I believed in angels, you're telling me they are up there punching in on a time clock and get to ask God for time off? I thought they were people who died and went to spend their after life in the clouds. Now this movie is telling me that after I die, I can come back to earth, find some chick, and then get the ability to come back to life and live with her. GTFOMF! I know it's only a movie, but I'm calling bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment