Sunday, March 18, 2012

Immortals



Immortals
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: Tarsem Singh (IMDB)

It's weird how you never hear about people believing in Greek or Roman Gods anymore. Why is it that those religions died out but Christianity and Buddhism stood the test of time? Someone please educate me on this matter. Thanks.

Theseus is a mere mortal picked by Zeus to lead an army against Mickey Rourke and a bunch of heathens. Rourke is a ruthless tyrant looking for a super bow & arrow that will make him invincible.

I've really enjoyed all of Tarsem Singh's movies, and I felt the same about this as I did the others... it's good but not amazing. Singh takes a stab at the sword and sandals genre with Immortals and puts his spin on it. Some of the visuals and effects in this are incredible. I loved the costume design as well, especially the Gods and Mickey Rourke. The story line isn't too inspired, and seemed a bit middle of the road to me. I guess the easy comparison would be to 300 and there's definitely similarities, especially with the action, but I'd say they're on same level for me. Where if you compared this to Clash of the Titans (the remake), which is the other easy comparison, it's far and above a greater film then that turd. Check it out, it's available on blu-ray or VOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment