Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang




Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
(2005) [Trailer]
Director: Shane Black (IMDB)

This movie is up there on a lot of people's best of for 2005 and all time. It was recommended to me by a few different people and I was pretty excited to sit down with it. Let's see if it lived up to the hype.

Robert Downey Jr is a small time crook posing as an actor, Madmartigan is a private eye, and Michelle Monaghan is a struggling actress. All three of them get tangled up in a murder mystery... The end.

So... I'm not won over by this; however, it was pretty entertaining. It's very meta or self aware, and that starts to get old as the movie progresses. The story isn't too unique and to me, the acting and style of the film are what really saved it. I did enjoy Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr in this, but one thing that also got old was the constant referring to Val being gay. It's brought up over and over, as if no one in the movie has ever hung out with someone who's gay. It's weird because I would expect something like that from a comedy in the 80's, but this came out in 2005. To wrap this up I'll say that it's pretty funny at times and definitely worth a watch, I just don't think it's 'best movie' material.

No comments:

Post a Comment