Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Limey


The Limey
(1999) [Trailer]
Director: Steven Soderbergh (IMDB)

I have seen this movie; however, before I put it on last night I was certain that I hadn't seen it. After a half hour into it, I realized I had watched it awhile back. Is that a bad thing? I'm not sure.

The Limey centers around Terence Stamp, an ex con who has come to LA from England to kill the man responsible for killing his daughter. 

There's not a whole lot to complain about with this movie. Steven Soderbergh's direction is pretty fantastic and extremely standoutish. He manages to weave scenes of the past (it's pretty cool that he used footage from one of Stamps older movies 'Poor Cow'), the present and future into a pleasant narrative. Also the out of sync dialogue, score, interesting cinematography, sporadic action and plotting all help to create a very interesting film. Terence Stamp is pretty rad in this, and a solid casting choice. Overall I found myself really entertained, however it starts to slow down a bit for me towards the end. Real good stuff, go find it on Netflix or whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment