Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Return of the Living Dead




The Return of the Living Dead
(1985) [Trailer]
Director: Dan O'Bannon (IMDB)

My parents did a pretty good job raising me up right. I'm not a drug addict, I'm pretty polite, I would consider myself of average intelligence... all and all a stand up guy. One thing that they definitely didn't do was restrict me from watching movies like Return of the Living Dead, Halloween or Killer Klowns from Outer Space. There's a lot of people out there overly concerned about kids playing violent video games or watching crazy ass movies, that's not a real problem, just don't be a douche bag parent and things will work out fine.

Synopsis: The movie starts up when two guys at a medical supply company unleash the undead and all hell breaks loose...that's good enough.

This film is a bit dated, but it still holds up for the most part. It's a solid run for a zombie flick, and sticks to all the tropes of that genre, except it injects comedy into the mix which was a little different for the time. Clu Gulager is pretty awesome in this but the punkers are a bit over the top. It was also pretty sweet to see Turtle from North Shore up in the house. Nobody listens to Turtle. I loved the practical effects, especially the slimy zombie in the basement, very good stuff there. This is now on blu-ray and definitely worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment