Monday, September 24, 2012

Killer Klowns from Outer Space


Killer Klowns from Outer Space
(1988) [Trailer]
Director: Stephen Chiodo [IMDB]

Synopsis: Clowns from another world touch down in a small town and begin to entertain the locals... I'm kidding, they kill the locals.

This was one of my favorite horror movies as a young tyke and I loved stupid shit so it's no wonder I found this amusing. This movie is completely ridiculous and that's why I love it so much. If you want to bathe in campy B-movie excess, this is the film for you.  At one point in the movie a cop is ignoring the phone lines because he thinks the whole clown thing is a prank, it was at this point my wife says "this is completely unrealistic." I had to remind her that we were watching a film about killer clowns... from outer space. But that's the point, it's absurd, but a lot of fun. The special effects, costumes and set pieces are incredible... this film has a totally unique look whether you like it or not. The worst thing about this film is the acting, it's pretty awful, but lets be honest, you're not expecting Shakespeare with a film called Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

No comments:

Post a Comment