Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance



Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
(2012) [Trailer]
Directors: Mark Neveldine (IMDB), Brian Taylor (IMDB)

This video highlights why I love Nicolas Cage. He's not always in the greatest films, but even shit like 'Season of the Witch' is a little more tolerable with him in it. I never saw the first Ghost Rider film, I heard it was awful, but when I saw the trailers for this movie a few months ago, I must admit, I was kind of curious to check it out.

Johnny Blaze (aka Nic Cage) is the Ghost Rider, a man who made a deal with the devil and now is unable to control himself as he periodically turns into a flaming skull head who rides a motorcycle. Pretty ridiculous right?

I'll start by saying... I didn't hate this. I figured it would be garbage but it surpassed my exceptions; however, it's not a great film by any means. I did think the special effects were impressive, the ghost rider was awesome and the CG flames didn't bother me at all, I especially liked the scenes with him riding during the day towards the end of the film. There were some parts when he's transforming that looked wanky, but once he becomes the Ghost Rider it's okay. The supporting cast were alright and It was nice to see Stringer Bell up in there.

Now the bad: The story was really weighed down, and has a lot of unnecessary details that didn't seem to be really important, maybe they were more related to the first film, not sure, don't care. Overall I think the general plot was just... boring.

I might pick this up on the baby blu if I find it on the cheap and revisit this... see maybe if it gets better after another run. It's still in theaters and you can peep the trailer right HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment