Friday, April 6, 2012

Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead



Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead
(1991) [Trailer]
Director: Stephen Herek (IMDB)

This is my second review about a babysitting movie in as many as 6 days. Both movies star Keith Coogan. I could imagine Coogan's agent calling him up about this film.

Agent: "Hey Keith, great news, got you another part."
Coogan: "Oh awesome, I need the work, what's the roll?"
Agent: "Ok, now hear me out... It's another movie about... babysitting."
Coogan: "Shit..."

A group of "kids" are left home with a babysitter when their mom decides to head to Australia for a little me time. The babysitter bites the dust and the comedy ensues.

Just like my last review of Adventures in Babysitting, these kids are way too fucking old to have a babysitter and to make matters worse... there are two "kids" that are clearly of age to babysit. That said, it didn't ruin the film, I actually enjoyed this. It's corny at times and a bit silly, but harmless enough. Christina Applegate is pretty good in the role as substitute mom... is it just me or does she always look a little white trashy? The Coogar is a pothead in this role and hangs with a bunch of cliche rocker types, but he's much more memorable in this movie. There's definitely a lot of cheese in this but for a movie that's easy to put on and tune out for a bit, it gets the job done.


No comments:

Post a Comment