Monday, June 18, 2012

Puppetmaster


Puppetmaster
(1989) [Trailer]
Director: David Schmoeller (IMDB)

I recently picked up Puppetmaster on blu-ray from a 7-11 in Virginia... who knew the best convenience store chain in the entire universe also carries blu-rays? I have never seen this film, I just saw the price and picked it up on impulse. I thought, it's from the 80's, it's an interesting looking horror movie, why not? I will now tell you whether my urge was just.

Synopsis: A puppeteer in the 1930's learn how to impart life into inanimate objects and starts to turns his little wooden friends into killing machines.

This movie definitely has the feel of a straight to video movie, then IMDB confirmed that suspicion. The acting is spotty at times and the plot is a bit weak. The movie's main problem is... it's boring. The first 10 minutes are strong, then it's a snooze fest till the last 20 minutes. I did enjoy the last act though, too bad the the rest of this wasn't as entertaining.



No comments:

Post a Comment