Monday, July 9, 2012

Ravenous


Ravenous
(1999) [Trailer]
Director: Antonia Bird (IMDB)

Have you ever stared at someone and thought, "man, they look delicious." Not in a sexual way, but in a steak sandwich kind of way?
No. Me neither...

Synopsis: US Soliders living in the western frontier during the gold rush encounter a strange man with a craving for human meat.

This movie stars a lot of actors I enjoy seeing on screen, you have Guy Pearce, Daniel from LOST, the pedophile that was in Beetlejuice,  and this guy from Trainspotting. It's an interesting story and it's pulled off masterfully, pretty much hitting you over the head right out of the gate. It also has a seriously killer score which is really weird and eerie, it's done by one of the guys from Blur.

I'm sitting here trying to think of something I didn't like about this and I can't really think of much. I guess you could take issue with some of the supernatural elements of this, but they didn't bother me. I loved this and would recommend it for fans of horrors and thrillers.


No comments:

Post a Comment