Friday, July 13, 2012

Shame


Shame
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: Steve McQueen (IMDB)

If you're thinking of seeing this movie with your parents, you're gonna have a bad time.

Synopsis: If you're Michael Fassbender and you're addicted to boning, chances are it's not gonna be hard (no pun intended) finding people to hook up with. This film showcases that fact.

This movie is more of a character study than anything and Fassbender is brilliant as that character. I wouldn't say that this film is void of any plot, it's just not the main focus in my opinion. It's beautifully shot and there are a few really impressive scenes, including Carey Mulligan's singing scene and the jogging scene. There's lots of fucking... there I said it... so get used to it. Actually it's not as graphic as I thought it would be. I really enjoyed this film and I'm looking forward to checking out the director's other film Hunger soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment