Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Skin I Live In


The Skin I Live In
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: Pedro Almodóvar (IMDB)

This is a little film that I eagerly wanted to see last year but never got the chance too. It received some pretty stellar reviews and I had heard good things from those I know who saw it. I decided to sit down and see for myself. Now I will pass my words of wisdom onto you.  You're welcome reader.

Synopsis: Antonio Banderas is a crazed surgeon who has issues.

I will start by saying that this is an interesting idea for a movie and well executed for the most part, it's just not a very believable premise. The rational side of me is a real dick and kept taking me out of the film but I still managed to enjoy this. I will keep this part vague and not explain why I had issues with it, as it could be considered spoil territory.

The ambiguous nature of the story and the unease of everything throughout were easily pervade by the director Pedro Almodóvar. Also, Banderas and the main girl were both compelling and seem perfectly cast. The visuals and music were both okay, but didn't stand out in any way.

I'd give this a poke if you're into thrillers, if you don't I'll forgive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment