Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Attack the Block



Attack the Block
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: Joe Cornish (IMDB)

When I was younger I lived in the UK, in Wales to be exact. When I moved to the States around the second grade and I had a heavy English accent. I would imagine that the second grade Curtis wouldn't  have any problem understanding the characters in this movie, the adult Curtis, the one typing this now, did have a hard time.

A group of local hoodlums in South London have the night of their young lives when Aliens touch down for a little visit.

This movie is extremely awesome and came in at number 10 for my top ten in 2011. I was kidding earlier about the accents, yes they are heavy and there is a lot of London slang, but it's still pretty easy to follow along.   The casting in this is perfect and I enjoyed every character. To give you some comparisons, think if The Goonies, The Thing, and Gremlins all got mashed up in England. The creature design in this is great and very effective in my book. I don't know, I can't really think of anything I don't like about this film, it rules. It's available on blu-ray, VOD, and you can check the trailer HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment