Thursday, April 12, 2012

Your Highness



Your Highness
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: David Gordon Green (IMDB)

I remember really wanting to check this out last year, but it slipped through the cracks for me. Then I saw all the bad reviews it received and I almost felt kind of happy that I missed it. After I checked it out last night I realized something, I shouldn't listen to the critics.

A knight (James Franco) is accompanied by his slacker brother (Danny McBride) on a quest to help save a damsel (Zooey Deschanel) from a evil wizard. Somewhere along the way Natalie Portman gets into the mix.

I actually liked this, all the naysayers can bite me. If you're a fan of David Gordan Green (Pineapple Express and Eastbound & Down), I think you'd dig this as well. It takes movies like Clash of the Titans (the original), Willow, Krull, and blends in stoner comedy to make a pretty successful film. I understand it could be a lot better, but it's definitely not bad. James Franco is awesome as always and Danny McBride plays a good version of his normal shtick. There's lot of really funny moments, especially the Minotaur scene and the Great Wise Wizard scene . There are unfortunately a lot of lulls and I found myself bored from time to time... but it was late... and I had a few glasses of wine so..... who really knows. I would recommend this, it's on HBO on demand right now. Go for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment