Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Casa de mi Padre


Casa de mi Padre
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Matt Piedmont (IMDB)

Casa de mi Padre stands for "House of my Father." I just taught you Spanish... you're welcome or de nada.

Synopsis: Who knew Will Ferrell was Mexican? Well in this film he is and he's a ranchero who falls for his brother's girl.

The main drawl of this film is that Will Ferrell speaks Spanish throughout it but that starts to wear off immediately. I am impressed the guy took lessons and pulled it off, but it's gonna take more than that to sell this fim. It pays homage to telenovelas and a lot of 60's B-movie westerns... that aspect I liked. There are a lot of cheesy set pieces and effects, the whole acid trip in the middle of the film might be the best part of the whole thing. The rest falls short for me. Especially the dialog and plot, it's just very dull. Worst part of the film... Molly Shannon saying "Mexico is the bestico"...ughhh. Cringe.  I'd go ahead and pass on this. Esta pelicula es basura.



No comments:

Post a Comment