Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Out of Sight


Out of Sight
(1998) [Trailer]
Director: Steven Soderbergh (IMDB)

Another Steven Soderbergh selection up for review here. I've never seen this film before and luckily found it used on blu-ray for a fiver the other day. So here we go guys! YEAH!!!

Synopsis: George Clooney is a bank robber who escapes from prison and ends up falling for J Lo who is an FBI agent.

Another winner for me from Mr Soderbergh. This films has it all... good comedic moments, crime, drama and a pretty believable love story. Okay, that's not "all" but it's a lot dammit. I really enjoyed the romance angle of this movie and found it authentic and cleverly executed. The car trunk scene was a pretty cool way to start a love connection and show intimacy between the two main characters. I also enjoyed seeing Michael Keaton, Ving Rhames, and Don Cheadle up in the mix. Out of Sight is as stylish as any Soderbergh film and the musical queues are also pleasing. My only complaint is that the film felt a little long.


1 comment:

  1. I really like it as well. I also found the Clooney/Lopez chemistry to really put it over the top.

    ReplyDelete