Monday, July 16, 2012

Micmacs


Micmacs
(2009) [Trailer]
Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet (IMDB)

I really enjoy Jean-Pierre Jeunet's movies. All of the ones I've seen have been pretty awesome. He definitely has a style that is all his own and Micmacs is no different.

Recently I sat down with my best friend Kurt after a long day celebrating Bastille Day and popped this bad larry in. What better way to celebrate France than a movie?

Synopsis: A guy gets shot in the head, befriends a group of rag tags and sets out to get revenge on the people responsible for killing his father.

This movie looks fantastic and has some spectacular cinematography.   At times, the visual feel of this film reminded me of Citizen Kane and other classic films. There were a lot of interesting set pieces, especially the trash heap house they lived in. The story line is a bit odd and I found it unfolded a little slowly at times. There are also a good amount of fantastical elements that may be hard for some people to digest. If you've seen any of Jeunet's other films you'll know what to expect... it's quirky, funny, and very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment