Thursday, July 19, 2012

Salesman


Salesman
(1968) [Trailer]
Director: Albert Maysles (IMDB), David Maysles (IMDB)

Movie blogging is a hard business and recently I have had to pick up another job to supplement my lavishness life style. I work in sales and it's also tough, but after watching Salesman, it's not so bad after all.

Synopsis: The Maysles Brothers lay down a classic documentary about door to door bible salesmen.

I wanted to check this out for a long time, its actually been sitting in my Netflix queue for over a year now. I finally got it... I rule! This little slice of cinema verite is considered a historically important piece of art and was selected to be preserved by the US National Film Registry by the Library of Congress... It's also a Criterion release! All that must mean it's good right? Wrong... no I'm kidding, it's awesome.

This is such an honest little slice of real life and still just as effective today as I'm sure it was in 1968. The Maysles Brothers so easily mingle through the day to day of these men and capture their successes and failures as they chase the American dream. I absolutely see how this film has influenced more modern documentary films, especially the way it's shot, it's really impressive.

I loved this, if you're into or looking to start getting into docs, check it!


No comments:

Post a Comment